Legal services in mergers and acquisitions
We are proud of our extensive experience in advising on mergers and acquisitions.
We advise local and foreign insurance companies on mergers and acquisitions, often with targets operating in the insurance sector. We work on M&A transactions for major hedge and venture capital funds, as well as companies operating in the telecommunication, IT, electronics, renewable energy, FMCG, real estate, construction, travel and medical sectors, including transactions involving public companies listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
We help companies achieve their business objectives, supporting them at every stage of the merger and acquisition process: starting with negotiating all the pertinent agreements, through preparing legal due diligence reports, defining the legal risk associated with the transactions being contemplated, finalizing deals and pursuing clients’ rights in unsuccessful transactions.
We represent clients not only before regulatory authorities and at shareholders’ meetings, but we also support them in negotiations to sell equities, organized parts of businesses, acquisitions and capital investments. We regularly work hand in hand with our clients’ transaction teams and financial and tax advisors to devise merger and acquisition strategies and coordinate the work done by these teams.
With our experienced team of lawyers, we are rapidly able to assemble a transaction team tailor-picked to meet the needs of the most demanding of clients. Leading European companies place their trust in us and M&A market analysts value the role we play. Every year we are ranked among the best Polish law firms in the mergers and acquisitions category. DMS obtained Legal500 recommended lawyer status in the company law and mergers and acquisitions categories in 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
• Advising the shareholders of Kiwi Jobs in acquiring a new strategic investor: the OLX Group, from the Naspers group.
• Advising the Austrian-based Vienna Insurance Group on its acquisition of Polish assets of the AEGON Group (life insurance company and pension fund.
• Advising the Austrian-based Vienna Insurance Group on its acquisition of Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeń Gothaer in Poland from the German insurance company Gothaer. The transaction, announced in June 2018, was finalized on the last day of February 2019.
• Advising InterRisk in a transaction to purchase the shares in Polish mutual insurer Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeń Wzajemnych “TUW” from the French mutual insurance group Macif. The transaction was closed on 19 February 2019.
• Advising BCD Travel – global leader in the travel industry – on its acquisition of AirClub, one of the longest operating private travel agencies in Poland.
• Advising on mergers of the following insurance companies, among others, in the VIG Group in Poland: InterRisk TU S.A. VIG with PZM TU S.A. VIG (2012), Compensa TUnŻ S.A. VIG with Benefia TUnŻ S.A. VIG (2014), Compensa TU S.A. VIG with Benefia TU S.A. VIG (2015) and Compensa TUnŻ S.A. VIG with Polisa Życie S.A. VIG (2018).